03 Oct Top 10 Most Memorable Flips
10. Gaggia Espresso Machine – This was one I sat on for about a year, so it didn’t make the top 10 for being flipped the fastest, but it was a very original item. And even though I am not a coffee drinker, I liked the way it looked.9. Concept2 rower – I originally purchased this exercise machine for my wife to use for her personal training clients. While she liked it, she only has room for a couple of the machines that I have purchased for her, and so she told me to sell it.
8. Tanning bed – This was a pretty random purchase–most of them are–but I bought the tanning bed from a thrift store and ended up selling it to a local small gym. I don’t have pictures of it saved, but I thought it deserved to make the list.
7. Fire fighting masks – I bought 30 of these masks from the flea market and ended up using eBay to sell them to a fire fighter who teaches new firemen. This was a great purchase as they were a pretty fast turnover.
6. NordicTrack – This one made the list because it was one of the purchases that really started it all. You can read more about the NordicTracks I sold when I was 18 and how they brought me a good chunk of change.
5. Lobster tank – This one makes the top 10 list because it was such a different buy. I found this at a thrift store for $100. It came from a restaurant that had closed down and donated it to the store. I bought it and posted it on eBay. It was sold to a restaurant owner in South Florida for $1,500 and he came and picked it up. It was about a 4-week turnover.
4. Bobcat – This was one of my favorite flips! The reason I loved it so much was because I was able to use this around my house a lot before I sold it for a great profit! I have a couple boats and random large items in my back yard, and I was able to move things around very easily with the bobcat! It also came in very handy for a few yard sales! I bought it from a friend of a friend for $3,000 and ended up selling it to someone overseas for $9,000. The buyer never saw the bobcat; he had someone pick it up and put it in a container to ship it overseas.
3. Breathing vest – I have bought and sold three of these machines now. This makes the top three because the first one I purchased I flipped in 3 days. I bought it at the flea market and posted it on eBay and it was purchased the following day.
2. Sleep Number mattresses – These logged the Number 2 spot because they have been bringing me a pretty steady income for the past year! I wrote a whole post dedicated to my purchase of 60 Sleep Number mattresses HERE. I paid $60 per mattress, and they sell for an average of $605 per mattress!
1. Prosthetic leg – This makes the number one spot on this Top Ten list because of its uniqueness. My wife posted a picture of it on her Facebook page five years ago when I bought it, and everyone remembers the leg that I sold! I bought this titanium joint leg at the flea market for $30, and I ended up posting it on eBay and within 3 hours it was sold for $1,000! That's a 3,300% return! The leg below is actually not the leg that I first sold for $1,000. This was a second leg I purchased (who knew there was a good market for these?) and made $400 of profit.